Monday 16 October 2017

My biggest fears. Day 16 of #Blogtober17

I am taking part in Blogtober17 and will be writing posts with various themes/prompts throughout October...Today's prompt is: Phobias

When I started writing this blog post I didn't think I was scared of much apart from the usual things like spiders, clowns and heights but when I started thinking more about phobias it turns out I am one big scaredy-cat by every day normal things.....


Washing glasses in the sink.

When I was a teenager I was washing the dishes and put my hand in the glass with the sponge and the glass shattered and I cut my knuckle quite badly.....I am left with an inch long scar and since then I do everything I can to get out of washing glasses. 

Hospitals.

I haven't had much luck with hospitals....I had my appendix out when I was 18 and had an allergic reaction to the anesthetic which left me being sick for nearly a week....When I was having Ellie they messed the spinal up. Then there is the whole drama with the kids hearts. When I'm being sensible I know that the doctors and hospitals are there to help but I have felt let down by them missing my girls heart defects for years....I always think now when we go for their check ups, what if they have made a mistake again!

Trying on clothes in shops.

Have you ever tried on something and got stuck in it? I have came very close and it panicked me so much. Now I won't try anything on in shops unless it's shoes or coats. lol

Speaking on the phone.

I will only willingly speak on the phone to my fella, Becky, my dad, his girlfriend and my Aunty Jean. Everyone else get's text messages, emails or Facebook messages....If people ring me I am not to bad but I will rarely ring someone...

When I make a phone call I have to write down what I am going to say....I have to build myself up to it for at least 10 minutes and if I can I will get out of it....

Not having the internet.

As a blogger I do worry what would happen if our internet suddenly went off...I use the internet for everything. Shopping, paying bills, speaking to friends and family, finding out information, watching TV shows and of course blogging. Eek! 


5 comments :

  1. We all have aversions - I like the sound of that better than fear. You have an aversion to washing glasses due to your bad experience. I've go them too. I no longer try on clothes in stores either since I'm no longer a skinny minny and have developed arthritis in my back, hips and you name it. I buy a blouse or slacks and take them home and try them on. If they don't fit, I take them back. I'm a salespersons' nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me too Kim, I have a fear of washing glasses. I did the same and split my finger when the children were small. I am always saying to the kids to pop their glasses on the side and I will wash them. They soon mount up though!! #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate talking to people on the phone and always have done. I'd much rather text or email anyone, or talk face to face. I think it's quite common with bloggers :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lot of these are quite common - I'm not a big fan of talking on the phone either but I'll do it if I have to. I worked in a call centre for about 18 months so I think that probably helped! #blogtober

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not the biggest fan of hospitals either. With both my pregnancy I wanted to get out ASAP. #blogtober

    ReplyDelete