Friday 23 February 2018

The Children's Meditations in My Heart - Book review!

Ellie my youngest hasn't been the best at going to sleep....She always thinks there is something more important to do than sleep. I saw a lovely book late last year on a few blogs called The Children's Meditations in My Heart and it sounded lovely. I was lucky enough to receive a copy to review and we have been trying it out over the last week.....


From ‘Hygge’ to parenting, the Danish way of doing things is often widely talked about and it would appear that bedtime is no different.

The Children’s Meditations in My Heart by Gitte Winter Graugaard is a collection of four meditations for parents to read to their children. Graugaard’s book shows parents how to teach their child the importance of self-esteem and self-love, enabling them to drift off into calming, reparative sleep, their hearts full with love.

The meditations are;
I fill my heart with love.
From my heart, I send love.
My cloud is full of love.
With the universe, I share my love.

I was open to giving this a try with my girl....My fella thought it was a bit airy fairy and new age but when the book arrived I let Ellie have a look through and saw her smiling when reading it....I could tell by her face that she was interested. 

I have never done any meditation before but there is a guide at the beginning of the book with some tips and instructions which were really helpful....

It is just lovely.....Heartwarming and even reading them to Ellie relaxes me.


I have been reading it to Ellie most nights this week and it is helping her relax at night time. The book is easy to read and is so different to what we usually read on a night but it seems to be working....She is a lot calmer and is more willing to go to sleep....

Ellie is not good at talking about her emotions....We think she has some sort of Autism. She has a support worker who comes into school to talk to her once a week which is a great help but when reading this book she has been opening up and telling me more about how she feels about school and life in general....It has been a fantastic breakthrough for us.


This book might not help all children....My teen thinks it's ridiculous but now my fella is coming around to the idea of it....Ellie loves it and has asked a couple of times to read "the love book" herself....She will sit on the sofa with a big smile on her face.

This book is available from Amazon. £3.03 for the Kindle version, £12.95 for the hardcover and £11.36 for the paperback....


We were sent this book free of charge in exchange for our review. All thoughts and opinions are our own. 

6 comments :

  1. I haven't done any meditation either but this sounds like a fantastic book for teens to help them process all of their feelings and emotions x #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful book and looks really good for night time reading X #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this looks lovely. Alex sometimes has night terrors so this could possinly help with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this looks and sounds like a lovely book Kim. #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Used to have trouble getting my daughter to sleep until we started listening to meditation music at night. Works a treat. Would be interested in reading this book to see how it goes. Thanks for the review x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds great. Different things will help different children, just as is the case with adults. I'm one of those who's never been helped by meditation, but with the exception of for people with some mental healths problems - it can be dangerous for people who dissociate - it's a good, harmless thing to at least try. Thanks for the review :).

    ReplyDelete