Tuesday 19 September 2017

We have tried out the Betty Box - Review!

Periods are rubbish but they are part of growing up....Becky my teen has said I am not allowed to talk about her periods but at that time of the month she can get a little grumpy so anything to cheer her up and put a smile on her face is very welcome.....

We were offered a Betty Box to review and I jumped at the chance and saved it for "that time of the month".....


The Betty Box is a monthly subscription service which provides tampons and pads, alongside a beauty and pamper box which consists of a fab selection of products. Anything from makeup to jewellery and cute trinkets. The Betty box is aimed at girls in their teens and the idea is just to make that time of the month a little bit more pleasant!

For £12.99 a month (with free postage) you get everything you need. You can choose from Tampons, pads or have a mixed box. You can choose what brand of sanitary product you want to use. They have Always, Tampax, Lil-lets, Kotex, Bodyform and they come in different absorbency levels which is perfect....

The box comes with 3 boxes inside. One full of treats that I will come to in a moment, one to use at night time and one for later....The pretty bag is to use straight away. They all contain the sanitary products you ordered....


The "For You" box was packed full of treats which included:

3 Monty Bojangles truffles.
Joe & Sephs Popcorn.
A Minifelts iron-on patch.
Trust Fund nail polish.
Bubble T lip balm.
A Stabilo highlighter.
La La Land sticky notes.
2 T-Zone Charcole & Bamboo pore strips.
Chirp hair mask.


When you look at the contents of the "For You" box the £12.99 you pay for a Betty Box looks like a real bargain. The nail polish has a rrp of £12.00, the Minifelt patch is sold for £6.95 and the Bubble T lip balm is sold for £3.00. I think it is a real bargain.

This box is not aimed at me though.....It is aimed at teenagers. So what did my teen think of it? 

She absolutely loved it.....She loved everything about the box. She thought the separate boxes were a good idea and the little bag to keep sanitary products in was great to keep them hidden. She is still at the stage in her life about being embarrassed about her periods.

The box of treats really did cheer her up and make her smile....She thought there was a good mix of things and they were all things she would use too.

I think this will be something we will subscribe to. It is well worth the money and is perfect for my girl.

We were sent The Betty Box free of charge in exchange for out review. This is it!

9 comments :

  1. Love this box. I wouldn't mind getting myself one of these and i'm 32. #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute and what a lovely way to cheer a young lady up at that time of the month. I've got this to come yet but I'll bear it in mind when the time comes. (I'm really not looking forward to it.) #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fantastic idea! I wish I'd had one when I was a teenager!

    #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, such a lovely treat for that worst time of the month x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally get this as would my teen! #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of this - what a brilliant idea. I wish they'd been around when I was a teenager. #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim, what a brilliant idea. Periods are a fact of life, but they do mess with our outlook. If this little box of goodies helps to make that time of the month easier, then why not? I'm sure my girl would love something like that too.

    Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mummy could do with a Betty Box to take the edge off! What a great idea, great for teens too! #TreidTested

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic box. So often the time of the month can make us feel awful that a little pick me up and one to make us celebrate our femininity is a great idea. #mmbc

    ReplyDelete