Thursday 3 August 2017

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes.

I have seen Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes on Pinterest again and again and they looked like a lot of fun to make....As soon as I mentioned them to the girls they jumped on the bandwagon too.....

Last week it was a damp day....Raining off and on and it was perfect for baking....


I had found various recipes online for the Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes one on the Good to Know website and one on the BBC site....We followed none of them. I like to do things the easy way....

We used:

12 Ice cream cones. The one's with the flat bottoms.
Tesco Everyday Value Sponge Mix
And for the icing I made a basic buttercream icing.
Topped with Sprinkles and a flake.....


We made the cake mix as instructed and simply half filled the cones....There was exactly enough mixture for 12 cones.

We popped them into the oven and left them to bake.....The came out near enough perfect. We filled them with the exact amount of cake mix. I half expected to have added too much and it overflow out of the ice cream cones....


When they had cooled we then decorated them.....Butter icing, sprinkles and a flake of course...I used a proper piping bag and they looked fantastic for a few minutes....I think the kitchen was too hot and the icing ended up being a bit too runny for my liking but I think they still ended up looking great!



31 comments :

  1. They look amazing. I'd love to have a go at these, they'd look great at a kids summer party. I'm putting it on my list of things to bake with the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun! They are so easy to make and look so good (Well when the icing isn't melting. lol) x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They didn't last long. I was lucky to get one. hehehe

      Delete
  3. What a fab idea, this is something my boys would enjoy making X #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YES! Get in my belly! These look delicious! We want to give these a go! Popping over from #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. These looks divine! I didn't know you can put the cones into the oven. I learn something new everyday! I am so pinning this!! #mainylovessummer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either. I thought they'd just crumble or crack but they were perfect.

      Delete
  6. These look awesome, I love it! What a fabulous idea #mainylovessummer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy and they look so good. Great idea.
    Thanks for linking these up with #mainylovessummer
    Mainy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to buy some cones so we can try this! I have pinned for later :) #mainylovessummer

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fab idea, my daughter would love trying these.
    #mainylovessummer

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! I think even Olivia would eat them without the buttercream though! #mainylovessummer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah - now I wish I'd popped over here earlier - I bet there's none left now... They look great - thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo X

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so fun!! #mainylovessummer

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great idea ! I would have thought the cones would have burned ! what a surprise- amazing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love these. Not made them since before Monkey was born though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these look delicious! #blogtober

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to try these one day! They are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these, they look so cute! Good way of tricking yourself into thinking you're having ice cream now the weather is cooler!!

    ReplyDelete