Thursday 6 July 2017

Goodbye to a headteacher.....

I found out months ago that our headteacher was leaving. Someone I know drinks in the same pub as the caretaker of the school....It was made official last week.


Before Mrs J became headteacher at my girls school I don't really remember her....She had been in the school but I can't remember ever seeing her....Becky says she was a teacher for year five or six when she was little.

Before her there was Mr C who was a legend and then the man who my friends and I were talking about last week but we can't remember his name....He was horrible. He left shortly after he had a group of children lined up against a wall screaming and shouting at them like an army sergeant but the least said on here the better.....

Mrs J. Our headteacher is leaving at the end of this school year and it makes me so sad....Mrs J has been at my youngest girls school for 23 years! I think that is quite an achievement. Now a days teachers seem to come and go. They stay a couple of years and go on to pastures new....That seems the case at our school anyway. I think there are two or three leaving this year.

I haven't always got along with Mrs J but I won't go into that or else I will probably end up in trouble....Mrs J has been a great help to me and my girls....I can never thank her enough for the support she has given us....

When Becky was bullied she was there to sort things out but I never really had much to do with her until Ellie started at the school....

When Ellie had her bladder problems she was there for some support.....She gave us the advice we needed and pointed us in the right direction to get help and has helped us since with Ellie and her medical problems....

Ellie had some behaviour problems which seemed to happen at this time every year.....Again she was there. She had firm words with Ellie....Ellie didn't always take notice but I do think some of the words sunk in.....Ellie has spent many a break time spent sat outside of her office on the naughty table. hehehe

When some boys were causing trouble on the way home from school she was disgusted and took action. I thought she wouldn't take it seriously as it was outside of school but she does love the school and does not want to see it's name dragged through the mud by naughty children acting up on their way home....

Throughout Ellie being bullied she was wonderful....I really felt like I was being a pest reporting every little thing but she kept assuring me that she wanted too....She worked hard to stop the bullying and eventually it worked...

I may not agree with all her rules and policies but she has been a great help to my family and I.....

Ellie and her friend were telling me all the children and teachers are planning a special assembly for her.....I hope they open it up to parents....I would like to be there along with others to show how much we appreciate her....

She is one of those head teachers who always has time for you despite how stupid the questions and queries are. I rang the school last week at about half past 7 on the off chance someone was there to find out about a school trip. It was her who answered the phone....I mentioned it to the kids and it turns out she is there early every morning and she is the last to leave. Bless her! 

I will miss Mrs J.....I think as well as getting Ellie's class teacher a present at the end of term I will have to get her one too.....

In September there will be a new headteacher....I am so pleased with who has been given the position. It is the teacher who taught Becky in Year 5 and everyone knows her well.....She is a different type of leader to Mrs J so it will be interesting and exciting to see what happens with the school.....


5 comments :

  1. Hi Kim, it must be hard for any teacher or head teacher to leave a school, it must be a huge part of their life. It sounds like Mrs J was a kind and caring head teacher and fingers crossed the next one is too.

    Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our head teacher left about 4 years ago and I honestly thought the school would never find a better head. But they did (the assistant head got the job) and the school has gone from strength to strength under his leadership. I suppose you never know what is around the corner when it comes to teachers and head teachers x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, as a bog standard teacher, this is such a lovely post and I bet Mrs J would be touched to read it and happy that she enhanced your daughter's life in touch a lovely way. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post - and seems like she was a really nice lady. It must be hard to leave as others have said, but it sounds as if the new headteacher will be equally as good, even with a different style. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post Kim. It's so nice to hear that she helped your girls.
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete