Sunday 18 June 2017

A letter to my dad on Father's Day...

My dad doesn't read my blog...Well I don't think he does. I decided to write a letter to him last night.....


Dear dad,

 I don't know if you will ever read this. If you do I think it will be Sarah your girlfriend who shows you it. *Cringe*. (Please don't Sarah. hehehe)....I hate saying Sarah is your girlfriend.....It seems like  a childish/teenage phrase.....Lets call her your partner....She is wonderful and has changed your life. She is one of a handful of people I can talk to....You chose well. You are a happier person since you met her....I think you two will be together forever!

You know about my blog...I don't think you understand it but you humor me....You think my blog is a proper website. It is but it's not. You seem to think I know everything about the internet just because I blog....In fact you seem to think I know everything about computers just because I have a laptop....I really don't....

I have gone off on one talking about one thing when I should be talking about something else......You do that to me. You distract me every time. We speak on the phone every few days and in my head I will have something to say to you but you go off on one about football, telling me about someone who did something random or a film you have watched.....

Yes dad, you watch more films than I do. Stop bragging and stop ruining them for me......I am cryptic when it comes to describing the plot of a film....You are not. You say "Do you know that film about a such and such where such and such happens....Yeah, he dies at the end.....I'm going to start ruining Match of the Day for you when the football season starts again. hehehe I always see the scores on Twitter.

Please learn to use your phone....Those silent/misdialed phone calls at 7am on a Saturday morning are not appreciated.....I know you call me by mistake but stop and while I am on talking about phone calls please stop going in the shower and continuing to talk to me....It's just wrong and I don't want to think about you with no clothes on....Your my dad but Eww!

Let's get serious.....

We were never the closest when I was a child/teenager....I think that we have got closer since my mother up and left. Never mind think, I know we have....I love the random chats we have, especially those when you let your guard down....Those chats really make me smile. You like to pretend you are strong but you can't be all the time...

Let people help you......People who are there for you are there for you because they want to be not because they have to be.....You know if I had the money I would be there with you now but circumstances are against us.....Summer is coming and we will all be coming to visit you! Stu, the girls and I....I won't be telling you when. We will just arrive. Yes it might be rude but I want to make sure you are not over doing things....

We are both not the soppy/emotional type towards each other but dad I love you! I really do....You can tell me off all you want for buying you fathers day presents but tough luck! You are the only dad I have and I want to treat you!

Dad I love you.....Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for being you!

Love from Kimbo.

No comments :

Post a Comment