Thursday 16 March 2017

Joseph: A school production.

Ellie loves to sing, she really does.....I have to say at least once a day "Ellie sing a bit quieter". She will listen to music with headphones on and sing. Gradually getting louder and louder....hehehe

In September Ellie joined the school choir.....Every Monday they have it as an after school club....I can't remember when but it was but before Christmas there was talk about all the schools in the area coming together to put a big show on at the secondary school.....

The show was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat....The secondary school drama pupils would be the main cast and the primary school children would be the choir.....



They have practiced for months at school and Ellie has gone above and beyond practicing at home. If I had a pound for every Joseph song I have heard I would be very rich....I have even watched the full version of it on YouTube at least 50 times....lol I knew quite a few of the songs from when I learnt them at school but now I know all the songs word for word. I even know the backing vocals that the choir sung....lol

It is a fab story and the songs are very catchy.....


For the past two Saturdays the staff and children gave up their weekends to go and practice at the secondary school....Ellie loved this because it's Becky's school....She felt very grown up....

On Tuesday it was showtime. We came home from school, got changed ate tea and then went and dropped Ellie off at the big school.....

I'm not going to lie and say the show was perfect.....There was some sound issues to start with due to microphone feedback and to be honest Joseph looked very uncomfortable and shy. He did a great job though considering he had the main part.....

I think the choir which Ellie was singing in were the stars of the show....I am not biased at all...hehehe. They were amazing! You can tell how hard they worked....All the way through they concentrated so hard on the teachers instructions and they never stopped smiling.....I smiled all the way though too! I couldn't have been prouder.

Towards the end of the show the tiredness started to show especially on the kids in the choir....It didn't finish until about 8pm and that is the time when Ellie is usually going to bed....It was a late night for her. By the time we got home it was about twenty to nine.....Eek!

There was a lot of tired kids in the school yard the next morning.....She had the option of doing the Tuesday and Thursday night shows but I only signed her up to the Tuesday show and I'm glad I did....

The school is already talking about doing another show next year and of course Ellie is keen to sign up....I have a feeling when she is the same age as Becky and is choosing her GCSE options she will be going for Music and Drama.


9 comments :

  1. How wonderful, I'm so glad you and Ellie enjoyed the show. I have to admit, Joseph and his amazing technicolour dreamcoat is very much one of my favourites, since I did it at school. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! It was brilliant....
      I really love all the songs and still have them stuck in my head x

      Delete
  2. How lovely! So glad the show went well - apart from the few technical hitches!! -and that Ellie has enjoyed herself. Joseph is a great musical and it has so many catchy song in it. She must've had fun with them.
    Good for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had the best time and is quite sad it's all over now.
      Thank you x

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you both enjoyed it.
    It's always lovely to see kids doing well at something they're keen on.

    Sounds like it was a go idea only doing one night. I bet next time she'll be ready to do two nights!!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! She wouldn't have coped with more than one night...
      There was a girl that did both nights and she was practically falling asleep at school. Eek!
      Thank you x

      Delete
  4. What an amazing experience for her! It must have been so exciting to work with the other primaries and the secondary school. I've loved Joseph since I went to see it at the theatre when I was 5! I know all of the songs and even the very long list of colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant. She met so many new people and loved spending time at the secondary school.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic, well done your girl!
    D's school did a Joseph production a couple of years back and it was wonderful, some very tired children the following days as it was evening performances too, but lovely to see.
    It's great that she got to experience the secondary school environment too.
    Thanks for linking up with #SSAmazingAchievements

    ReplyDelete