Wednesday 11 January 2017

Bread bun pizza's....

Last week we were supposed to have Ham and pineapple pizza muffins but someone forgot to buy the muffins and the pineapple (me) so we had to improvise and came up with Bread Bun Pizzas which was nearly the same thing.....Sort of.

Becky my teen made them and I supervised. 

We used:


4 Brown bread buns.
Mushrooms.
Frozen diced onions.
Tinned sweetcorn.
Tomato & Basil Sauce.
Grated mozzarella cheese.
Salami.

We fried the mushrooms and onions while Becky halved the bread buns and coated the buns in the Tomato & Basil Sauce. Becky then added the sweetcorn, the mushrooms and onions that had cooked....She chopped the salami and added the cheese to her two and one of Ellie's....I didn't fancy cheese on mine.


We popped them in the oven for about 15 minutes and then they were done....It was such a quick and easy tea. 

It gave Becky a chance to learn how to cook a meal and she felt so chuffed with herself.....It's now added to the list of meals that she can make herself.


They tasted so good and the girls are already asking for them again.


11 comments :

  1. Oh my these look so good Kim, must try them for the kids as they love pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab and easy meal to make. I bet my kids would love to do this, I'm going to give a go this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration and well done Becky, good job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab simple tea idea - I'd never have thought of doing this with bread buns. Well done to Becky for making them - and I think I shall have to try doing the same myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's such a simple idea. I don't know why I haven't thought of it sooner.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I wouldn't say it does....With being in the oven the bun goes crispy. There was only the one in the middle of the baking tray which wasn't as baked as the others x

      Delete
  5. I think the best thing about this recipe is the fact that they are easy to make. I love easy recipes Kim, thanks for sharing :) btw ham & pineapple pizza is my daughter's favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look yummy. I'm going to add this to my to do list!
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo
    (Sorry for the epically late comment)

    ReplyDelete