Saturday, 29 October 2016

Three Confessions! #Blogtober16

I am taking part in Blogtober16 and will be writing posts with various themes/prompts throughout October....Today's prompt is: Three confessions of your choice.


Well I didn't really think this through....Earlier on in the month on Day 4 of Blogtober I confessed everything when I shared some little secrets!

Over the last week the girls have been off school on their half term holidays. It has been so relaxing and we have had a great week but I probably haven't been the perfect mother....

Confession #1 - I have lied to my girls!

Over the last week more than once I told the girls that The Walking Dead was on so they would go to bed and leave me alone watching TV downstairs.

A Christmas present arrived for one of them and I didn't think....I opened it in front of them and they both saw what it was....I said it was for their cousin. Oops!

I told them we had no glue left so we didn't have to do crafts....I also said we had no flour when it came to baking....

Confession #2 - We've had too much screen time!

I let the girls play on the laptops, tablets and watch TV far too much....Way more than the daily recommended amount for a child/teenager. I haven't felt guilty in the slightest....They have had a great time, I played with them some of the time and it gave me chance to catch up on things around the house and blogging.

Confession #3 - We have spent a lot of time in our PJ's! 

The only time we have been dressed is when we've had to go out and when the shopping was delivered yesterday.....hehehe! As soon as I didn't need to be in proper clothes the PJ's were back on.....


5 comments :

  1. I like the Walking Dead line, might try that one, and we have also had way too much screen time, but in our defence, they work so hard at school a week of slobbing about won't hurt, same with the PJs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! It's worth a try.
      Yes, that's exactly how I think of it x

      Delete
  2. Everyone needs their pjs and sounds like they probably needed time to relax too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have totally been watching YouTube and TV in our PJs this half term! I'm using half term to capitalise on no school morning rush and to be as lazy as possible.

    ReplyDelete