Thursday 28 January 2016

Sucked back in to World of Warcraft!

Over Christmas I started playing World of Warcraft again....What a fool I am. They offered me a 10 day free trial to lure me back and it worked...


If you have never heard of it. World of Warcraft is a massive multiplayer online game where players from around the world assume the roles of heroic fantasy characters and explore a virtual world full of mystery, magic, and endless adventure.....

In the game your character goes on thousands of quests, learn powerful abilities, amass and spend vast fortunes of gold and find hundreds of powerful weapons, enchanted rings, artifacts, suits of armor, and more....

In Warcraft, there are two large opposing factions. On one side is the noble Alliance and the other side is the mighty Horde.....

Obviously I went with the Alliance! When I started playing they looked prettier. The Horde is very scary....hehehe

I first started playing it way back in 2009....Stu started playing just before me so he is to blame for my addiction to the game....I played I think every day for a good few years then I started blogging and stopped playing in 2012.....I just couldn't find the time for both hobbies....I sold everything I had collected in the game and gave all my gold (the currency) to Stu and that was it! I was out!!

Over Christmas I took time off from blogging like most people do and spent my spare time using the 10 day trial....I wasn't going to renew my subscription and I certainly wasn't going to buy the expansion pack.....hahaha Yeah right!

On New years eve I paid for both and began taking the game seriously again....By seriously I mean earning gold, levelling my characters up and shouting at the horrible Horde players....I am enjoying the game again. There is new content since I last played and so much more to do but you expect that when you upgrade I suppose...I did expect the game to get harder and more challenging but I have found it easier....

I even made a new character....A hunter of course! They are by far my favourite class to play just because you get a pet to fight alongside you....It's nothing to do with the fact they seem the strongest class in the game....hehehe

Hunters battle their foes at a distance, commanding their pets to attack while they nock their arrows and fire their guns. Though their missile weapons are effective at short and long ranges, hunters are also highly mobile. They can evade or restrain their foes to control the arena of battle.

I have already levelled my new character Kimzip up to the max level but I still have a lot of achievements to achieve so I can't see me stopping playing anytime soon....


It may seem like a silly game but Stu and I rarely go out together due to a shortage in babysitters, he has no interest in blogging and I have no interest in his TV shows and other computer games that he plays so it is something we can do together and most Saturday evenings when the kids have gone to bed we play together....The rest of the time I have a sneaky hour here and there playing....

I will leave you with my favourite ever World of Warcraft video....World of Warcraft players singing the Billy Joel song We didn't start the fire....It always makes me smile....I have played World of Warcraft for years and I know to organise something like this must take so much work and effort....Good on them!

No comments :

Post a Comment