Tuesday 22 December 2015

Christmas TV that I am looking forward to....

I love Christmas TV....I got the TV guide a couple of weeks ago and I have planned what I want to watch....There is at least 2 films a day on I want to see and of course all of the soaps...


 Tuesday 22nd December.

We’re Doomed!: The Dad’s Army Story - BBC Two - 9pm
This one off drama tackles the making of Dad’s Army....I really love this show and have wonderful memories of my Grandad watching it when I was a child....

Wednesday 23rd December.

Snow Chick: A Penguin’s Tale - 8.30pm - BBC1
Deep in the Antarctic a tiny emperor penguin chick is battling the seasons.....Kate Winslet narrates the fluffy hero’s fight for survival in this must-see documentary....

Christmas Eve.

Finding Nemo - 3.50pm - BBC1
I will probably end up recording this but it is one we as a family love and I can't believe I don't have it saved on my Sky Planner....

Peter Kay: 20 Years of Funny - 9.05pm - BBC One.
A documentary looking at the path that took Peter Kay to sell-out shows, chart-topping charity singles and comedy superstardom.

Christmas Day.
 
Stick Man - 4.45pm - BBC One
Martin Freeman is the lovable Stick Man in this animated take on Julia Donaldson’s children’s classic. Jennifer Saunders narrates while Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, Rob Brydon and Sally Hawkins help tell the story of Stick Man’s hazardous journey home to the “family tree”....

Doctor Who - 5.15pm, BBC One
River Song is back!!! But it seems she’s now married to a headless cyborg....

Gogglesprogs - 8pm - Channel 4.
Now it’s the turn of the kids to step into the limelight as discerning telly critics. Please let there be mini versions of Sandy and Sandra. That really would make Christmas.....hehehe

Mrs Brown’s Boys - 9.45pm - BBC One.
Brendan O’Carroll will be resurrecting Agnes Brown for a supposedly relaxing family Christmas. 

Boxing Day.
 
Shaun the Sheep - The Farmer's Llamas - 6.15pm - BBC One.This half-hour special from Aardman’s Richard Starzak sees TV’s favourite woolly jumper get himself into a whole pile of trouble when he goes to market with Bitzer and the Farmer and they get fleeced by a flock of llamas. 

Peter and Wendy - 8pm - ITV.
Paloma Faith will make an appearance as Tinkerbell in ITV's two-hour version of the J M Barrie classic. It opens in Great Ormond Street Hospital, where Lucy Rose, 12, who doubles as Wendy Darling is awaiting treatment. The night before she's due to have her operation, she reads Peter Pan and after falling asleep, dreams this version.

 Sunday 27th December.

Fungus the Bogeyman - 6pm - Sky One. 
A tale of slimy monsters, dangerous humans and what happens when the things that go bump in the night move in next door. Timothy Spall and Victoria Wood lead a stellar cast in the festive three-part series. It's an adaptation of Raymond Briggs' classic children's tale of a bogeyman, who is actually made of bogey!

What are you planning to watch on TV over Christmas?

2 comments :

  1. Everything on your list is on my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not even looked yet. I use to love highlighting all my favourite must-have shows but now Christmas is so busy that I rarely watch any TV. I hope you have loads of fun. Mich x

    ReplyDelete