Monday 16 November 2015

Our Weekly Meal Plan!! - #mealplanningmonday


On Friday we realised the freezer wasn't freezing properly especially on the top shelf. Ugh! It was cold but not cold enough to keep everything frozen properly....So we got on the phone to Curry's....Someone was coming out tomorrow to have a look at it....I say was because by Saturday evening it was working fine again....In fact it was working better than ever. It has always made a lot of noise.....Now it doesn't. We rang back up and cancelled the guy to fix it....What a faff!

It's not a bad thing though....Every cloud has a silver lining and all that...My shopping bill was so low....I didn't buy anything for the freezer as I thought it was broken and this time of year I always try to empty the freezer ready for Christmas....It breaking but not actually being broke has actually done me a favour.....

Our meals for the weekend were scrapped  and we ate out of the freezer....Lots of chicken nuggets, pizza and chips. The kids were happy! I wasn't.....I do like to have a nice family meal on Saturday evening....We all ate different things....

So this week on the menu this week we have:

Monday - Beans on toast....
Tuesday - Corned beef pie and chips....
Wednesday - Sausage casserole mash and veg....
Thursday - Bacon sandwiches....
Friday - Fish and Chips....
Saturday - It's my birthday! Takeaway!! I'm thinking an Indians....
Sunday - Stu has said he is cooking as he expects me to have a hangover....hehehe So I have no idea at the moment...

As always I've joined in with the wonderful Mrs M's #mealplanningmonday linky....

5 comments :

  1. Good job your freezer stopped playing up, I bet that was a relief!
    Fish and chips sound yummy and a very good choice for your birthday treat too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh happy birthday for the weekend - Indians is a good choice and would get my vote x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your freezer isn't broken! That can be a right pain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the freezer sorted itself out, what a hassle otherwise! Indian sounds like a good choice to me - enjoy! (and happy birthday for the weekend!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, sounds a good week, bacon sandwiches and fish and chips ftw! I'm glad the freezer fixed itself. And have a fantastic birthday!

    ReplyDelete