Monday 24 August 2015

Our Weekly Meal Plan!! - #mealplanningmonday



Last week I wasn't feeling too good and I muddled through....I seemed to lose all interest in food. Eating and cooking it.....Thankfully yesterday I was feeling better and I made the Apple and Pork Casserole which was so good.....The kids loved it too which is fantastic as Becky can be fussy when it comes to casseroles.....

This is the last full week of the school holidays so I have given control over to the kids....They discussed it between themselves and came up with a meal plan....I expected them to say pizza for every night but didn't! Phew! I think I have trained them well.....It probably isn't the healthiest or exciting weeks but it's their favourite meals....

It's Ellie's birthday on Saturday.....We usually go out for a meal but Ellie has got it into her head she wants to go to the local soft play! She was very sensible and said if we go to soft play we can just get a takeaway for her tea.....That is fine with me....She has chosen Chinese as her takeaway of choice....It also means we won't miss the start of the new series of X-Factor!

This week on the menu we have:

  • Cottage pie & baked beans....
  • Spaghetti Bolognese....
  • Chicken nuggets, chips and spaghetti hoops....
  • Sandwiches, sausage rolls & cakes....
  • A fry up....Sausage, bacon, mushrooms, onion rings, bacon, tomatoes, beans, toast and a cup of tea....
  • Chinese takeaway for Ellie's birthday....
  • A fancy roast chicken dinner with everything you can think of....We have family visiting! 

As always I've joined in with the wonderful Mrs M's #mealplanningmonday linky....
 

30 comments :

  1. I am loving the look of sandwiches and sausage rolls lol I am soo missing pastry and bread since starting slimming world! #MealPlanningMonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope Slimming world is going well x

      Delete
  2. Yay I love the auditions for the X Factor! Everything sounds yummy. Hope you have a good week x #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the Auditions are the best part of the show....hehehe

      Delete
  3. It is such a great idea to plan meals ahead of schedule! I wish I was organised enough to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have found it saves money and we're not left with a load of food at the end of the week to throw out :) x

      Delete
  4. I think I will come to yours this week Kim lol, I love the idea of meal planning but just never get around to it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A roast chicken dinner - oh yes! this sounds like my type of dinner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love meal planning, more and more people are doing it and your week sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think everyone should try it at least once :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good week. You can't beat a good roast chicken dinner, that's something I'll add this week now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to the roast....Probably one of my fave meals!

      Delete
  8. I don't blame Ellie for choosing Chinese either! My eldest chose Chinese for her treat meal a few months ago too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is crazy about Chinese food but we just get it as a treat which makes it even more special x

      Delete
  9. I need to take a leaf out of your book and meal plan. I always try to when I do the food shop but fail miserably! Roast dinners are a must though aren't they! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the food shop online which seems to make it easier....Good luck x

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a week full of family favourites! We had homemade chicken nuggets this evening :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Chicken nuggets were just out the freezer and turned out to be Chicken dippers....lol Same thing! hehehe

      Delete
  11. Don't blame Ellie for choosing Chinese, it's what I always choose! Can I come to yours for dinner this week?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! Chicken dinners are our favourites. What great choices, girls! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOh now can I book in for a fry up please? I love reading these kinds of posts, the give me inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're having it tonight.....I can't wait for it :D x

      Delete
  14. It's so tough when you just lose your cooking mojo. Chinese takeaway definitely sounds like the sort of thing that will make you all better though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have got it back now thankfully! Phew!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  15. Sounds like a great meal plan to me!! we like the same meals :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that's pretty good for a plan from the kids! Soft play followed by a takeaway sounds like heaven to me x

    ReplyDelete