Thursday 23 July 2015

A paddling pool for Borrowers?

I love Tesco....I really do. I use them for my grocery shop every week and have hardly any problems with them.....A few substitutions now and again but they are usually good....Every time I have had a problem they have been quick to rectify the situation....

Over the weekend I had a bit of an issue with them.....This isn't a post to have a dig at Tesco in fact by the end I am all full of praise....

I was doing my usual grocery shop on Friday and was looking for things to amuse the kids over the summer holidays....Crafty things but I happened to look at the outdoor toys and I saw a paddling pool which looked a good size for £3! What a bargain!


On Saturday when the shopping arrived I got the pool out of the packaging and thought this isn't right....It was far too small....I blew it up! Yes blew it.....The kids told me the pump was broken and I never thought to check....When my fella got in from work he said he had told them it was broken to stop them messing with it....Grr!

After my huffing and puffing we ended up with this....


Errm....Lets address the issues I had.

It's PINK! I don't have an issue with it being pink and Ellie certainly doesn't but I ordered a "Multi Colour 3 Ring Pool....What if I had a child who hated pink....I'm not trying to gender stereo-type or anything but what if I had little boy who was all against pink. There are such boys....


Secondly and most obviously it is small! Way smaller than the picture advertised....Ellie is not a giant! I would say she is a little older than the boy pictured in the photo but about the same size....You can see she just fits in the pool but there would be no room for another kid.....Are these children borrowers or hobbits? I think not! I think there has been some clever editing done by the people who make the pictures....

There was no substitutions in my order and it is supposedly the same pool....

I spoke to Tesco on Twitter on Saturday and they were very helpful!....They were grateful I'd taken the picture & bought it to their attention and agreed that item is quite different to the one in the image.....

Tesco have refunded me the £3 which I wasn't really bothered about the money I just wanted to let them know about the issue I had....

As of writing this Tesco have removed the option to buy the pool from their website! Good on them. It is great to know they took my complaint seriously and they are a company who do actually listen to customer feedback!

The point of this post is a warning....Be careful what you buy offline....If it seems too good to be true it probably is!

16 comments :

  1. Oh dear that pool looks nothing at all like the one you ordered. I bet you all ended up having a laugh about it though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had a good laugh about it....It was so ridiculous I couldn't get angry about it. lol

      Delete
  2. You are so right, some things never appear to be the same as advertised,
    but good one Tesco for handling your issue efficiently,
    perhaps it could of been used for a foot spa instead ;) hehe. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tesco did well....
      Ellie's been in it and loved it but poor Becky couldn't fit in...

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry, but this genuinely made me laugh! It's a lot different to the picture, for definite x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's brilliant the kids in the pic are basically in a swimming pool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks nothing like the one you ordered! Well done to Tesco for sorting it so promptly, though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't is it....Tesco were great about it :)

      Delete
  6. Lol! I don't think that's clever photo editing. I think that's a different pool on the packaging. Still, maybe you can use it to put drinks on ice at a party or something. Well done to Tesco for sorting it so quickly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what they were thinking but they dealt with it well so I'm happy x

      Delete
  7. although have you noticed on the Tesco website for groceries that some items are mixed up, I was looking at a balloons and the description said balloons but the picture was a kettle stupid Tescos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! I have noticed things like that before....lol

      Delete
  8. Good for you for taking it up with them. I am a firm believer in bringing issues such as this to the attention of the supplier, allowing them to correct it. It seems that they have taken appropriate action in this case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were fantastic about it and listened to me which I didn't expect them too...

      Delete