Wednesday 22 April 2015

They made me play Minecraft....

Becky started playing Minecraft just after she started secondary school....Ellie soon followed her lead and just after Christmas Stu started playing too.....I have watched them play it and thought what's the point....It's just like Lego....


Minecraft is a game about breaking and placing blocks. At first, people built structures to protect against nocturnal monsters, but as the game grew players worked together to create wonderful, imaginative things. It can also be about adventuring with friends or watching the sun rise over a blocky ocean. It’s pretty. Brave players battle terrible things in The Nether, which is more scary than pretty. You can also visit a land of mushrooms if it sounds more like your cup of tea.  

Then Stu started playing on the "Survival mode" not just creative like the kids were and it got me a little more interested....At the weekend I caved in and let me put it onto my laptop and I started playing....I actually liked it....Stu put us all on a server so we could play in the same area....I had read a little about it and how to survive.....Aha!

We all went off and by the time night arrived I was the only one with a house.....Well not exactly a house more a whole dug into a hill but it worked....Becky was saying she was coming to live with me and Ellie was off getting killed by Creepers, Zombies and Skeletons...Stu was up a tree somewhere....


Day one and I win! hahaha

By day 2 Becky trying to share my house and Ellie had found her way back to me....Oh joy! lol I had food, a bed, lights, swords and pickaxes and they were just stealing everything!!....They were eating my food, sleeping in my bed and bringing baddies to my front door.....They know how to play but they were too lazy....

Time for some tough love.....It was so childish of me but they were going to have to find their own way in the Minecraft world....What's mine is mine and all of that....Get Out Of My House!!!!

I had warned them not to steal anything from me....Then I saw Ellie walking around with a sword!! A sword she didn't make....I told her to put it back but she wouldn't so in the game I killed her.....Ooops! Such a bad mothering moment but I'm not even sorry....A lesson learned perhaps? I now have a chest with a wall built in front of it.....No more of Ellie stealing for me (I hope)....hahaha

I think Stu has had the best idea....When we started the game he went one way and I went the other with the kids following.....The kids don't know where he is, so apart from the baddies he is pretty safe....lol

So everything I have said about Minecraft in the past....Just ignore it.....lol I love the game now....hehehe

Do you or your children play Minecraft?

No comments :

Post a Comment