Monday 13 April 2015

The Library of Fragrance - Review!!

I first became aware of The Library of Fragrance last year....They set out to create fragrances that captured all the wonderful smells that surround us every day but are too often under appreciated in our busy world.

There is certainly is some interesting fragrances....


Caramel, Espresso, Fresh Coconut, Leather, Holy Water, Gingerbread, Licorice, Orange Blossom, Play-Doh, Pipe Tobacco, Salt Air, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Stable, Vanilla Ice Cream, Sawdust, Barbados Cherry and Cucumber to name a few....

I was sent samples of the two of the most popular fragrances to try....

Baby Powder

£15.00 for 30ml

As clean and comforting as it gets and the global second best-selling scent in The Library of Fragrance.

Inspired by the iconic fragrance of talc from The Johnson & Johnson Company, this scent really triggers strong emotional links. Many people find this scent cosseting and calming – too many to pass it off as a coincidence. Advancing scientific research is showing us that scent is processed deep within a part of our brains that also manages emotion and memories. It’s not likely that many of us have tangible memories of being a baby, but it’s very likely that the scent of our Baby Powder fragrance subliminally takes us right back to feeling soothed, cradled and cared for. And who doesn’t want to feel like that at least some of the time?

I expected it just to be a novelty but I can actually see myself using it again and again.....It was delightful....It smelt just like newly bathed babies! 

It is very comforting smell and I did feel like it calmed me....It is just lovely!! Even Becky said it smells like Ellie when she gets out of the bath.....Even though she's not a baby she does like to use talc....

Thunderstorm

£15 for 30ml

Have you ever considered the olfactory side of rain? You know it’s coming – you can smell it in the air (exactly!).

Our Thunderstorm fragrance captures this complex sensory moment perfectly – with a hint of electricity in the air, just as the rain drops start to fall from the sky, hitting the concrete and churning the earth. Like poetry, Thunderstorm is subtle and difficult to define, but real – reflecting the deep and violent nature of a summer storm.
  
I am really not sure about this fragrance....It is a strange smell....Yes it smells like the smell you get just after a thunderstorm but I also got the smell of wet grass, damp and leaves as well as dirt....It is a very earthy type smell....

I am not keen on this at all....I sprayed some on my arm and it left me feeling like I needed a good wash....I guess it is an acquired taste sort of thing....My fella wasn't too keen on it either and couldn't imagine wearing it.

I was sent the these samples free of charge to try....This is my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment