Tuesday 18 November 2014

Iceland I'm a Celebrity Bushtucker Trial Game - Review!!

You may remember me posting my Silent Sunday photo a couple of weeks ago it was the Iceland I'm a Celebrity Bushtucker Trial Game.....

I decided to buy it....It was only £5 and I knew it was going to give us a fun time so on Saturday night before X-Factor we decided to give it a go! The girls have been so excited about it....The crazy things!!

It is just snakes and ladders.....If you go up a ladder you get a treat.....Either a chocolate brownie or a marshmallow...... When you go down a snake you have to take a Forfeit.....

Witchetty Grubs - Which are actually cooked pasta, dumplings and Spinach....
Wriggly worms - Which are actually textured White Fish coloured with Squid ink......
Snot balls - Which are actually Profiteroles with a sour green filling....
The jungle nasty dips....Which include Ant agonise - A cola and citrus flavoured sauce, Monkey vomit - Carrot and parsley sauce and Toad spawn - Made out of dried green peppers..... 

You just defrost everything....No cooking involved.
We picked our counters and we started playing.....We all got treats....Hooray!
 
 
It was all fun until we started to all hit the snakes.....Becky was the first person to have to take a forfeit! Ellie and I decided she was going to eat some wriggly worms....They were by far the worst smelling....They smelt like old fish! Becky was a trooper and wolfed them down....The didn't actually taste too bad....


I was next and the kids decided I was to eat a Witchetty Grub.....Oh my word! They were rank! I think they have got the consistency exactly right of these....They are so chewy and take forever to eat....This was exactly what I imagined a Witchetty grub to taste like...Yes I nearly puked!! lol 

Ellie got through the whole game without a Forfeit.....Lucky so and so.....Becky and I ate more nasties....The snot balls were not too bad....They just tasted like pastry with sweets in....Ellie did actually end up eating the Ant agonise after we had finished the game....She dipped crisps in.....lol

Becky's last forfeit was to eat a Witchetty Grub! She didn't finish it and spat it down the toilet...hehehe You can see her attempting it on the video with Stu who was happy enough to give his advice but not brave enough to play along with us...


We had a lot of fun with this game.....The forfeits are nasty but imagine eating real live creatures and other nasties from the real jungle.....This is all a bit of fun....It's not something I would buy again but it's one of those things you need to try just to say you have....hehehe

These games are still available in Iceland for £5.

28 comments :

  1. I love the look of this. I think my kids would love it for Christmas actually, thanks for the idea. Popping by from Tried & Tested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I couldn't even finish reading your food descriptions but it is a fun idea. My husband brought home 'witches fingers' grapes yesterday, I put a photo on twitter, they looked like slugs but taste delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I saw them....hehehe They did look pretty yucky! lol

      Delete
  3. So perfect for a family get together. Think it would be a lot of fun #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no way I'd been able to face the "worms" but I think I'd be brave enough to try the other forfeits.
    x

    #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worms tasted better then the Witchatty grubs....hehehe

      Delete
  5. We had this last year and my daughter was so excited to play It too although she was nearly crying eating the nasty treats haha mind you I spat them out too as they tasted horrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea - Mind you I think I would rather eat a grub instead of spinach

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds a fun game to play but I don't think I could cope with those forfeits #Triedtested

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha this looks great. I bet my kids would love this, might see if I can twist the hubby's arm to get involved with this :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow I did not know Iceland was doing this. What great fun. L xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like fun! I couldn't eat the worms haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were not as bad as they smelt....hehehe x

      Delete
  11. This sounds like a fun game and I like that none of the forfeits are actually too gross, though the names make them sound disgusting! Will have to look at this for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun and perfect for Christmas x

      Delete
  12. This looks like a fab game for £5, perfect for family fun on a saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha what a fun game! Very popular this Christmas I bet! x

    ReplyDelete