Friday, 25 April 2014

Freedom....

Friday again so it means Word of The Week time....This week my word is.....


I have had a bit of Freedom this last week.....I had a day off from the mummy duties and loved every minute....

On Saturday my friends and I went off for the day to Newcastle to see a band called 'Bessie and the Zinc Buckets'....We left here just after 1pm and got back just before 1am Sunday morning.....lol We had lots a couple of drinks....Stuffed ourselves in McDonalds and posed for funny photos - Trout Pouts.....


Just before the gig we ended up in a great pub that we wished we had went to at the start of the day....Great music and two cans of Strongbow cider for £3!! A bargain price considering we'd paid nearly £4 a pint somewhere else.....

  To start with we had brilliant seats that you can see on my Silent Sunday photo but a woman stood right in front of us and my friend couldn't see so we moved and had about 4 different seats....lol

 The band was great!...We couldn't fault them but my friends and I just felt it didn't work in such a big venue. We've seen them in little pubs where it's more intimate and there is a lot of banter....They're a great bunch of guys who lived the dream....We were so pleased for them....Hopefully we will see them again soon!


By the time we left we had drank enough and just wanted a sit down until the bus came.....A couple of my friends and I ended up in Weatherspoons eating pulled pork sandwiches and drinking hot chocolate....lol Rock and roll!! 

We had the best time....I am getting old though it took me two days to recover....I had no hangover but my legs ached so much as well as my sides from laughing....

Having Freedom now and again is fantastic but once in a blue moon is more than enough for me....

The Reading Residence

20 comments:

  1. Thats a great word! Looks and sounds like a great evening being you! x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful! I love being a mam but time off every now and again is great fun x

      Delete
  2. A have envy =P I cant remember the last time I went out like this =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! It's not very often at all I get out like this :) x

      Delete
  3. When your recovery involves achey sides from laughing you know you've had a proper good night out!! Sounds like a lot of fun. #Wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't laughed as much in ages...

      Delete
  4. Theres nothing better than the odd night of freedom. I am going out to dinner with some friends tonight and I can't wait! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a you had a lovely time. It's great to have mummy off time. It's rare here too, but I make the most out of it :) x#Wotw x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fab having some time off....Well worth the aching legs...lol x

      Delete
  6. A night off is a rare treat! I know for myself I need a month to recover from a night out now! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like great fun - I loved Newcastle when I lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds wonderful! I managed a night out this week, it took me two days to recover too :) Late nights are a killer! Glad you had such a good time x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun afternoon and evening out. It's nice to have some time off to do your stuff sometimes isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I spotted your Silent Sunday shot - great seats! Shame about the standing woman! Sounds like a fun night, though, and always nice to have a bit of freedom :) Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a great night out, glad you enjoyed your freedom!

    #wordoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like an absolutely fantastic night, great to have some freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a great night! I do think it takes longer to recover the older we get. And yes, once in a blue moon makes the freedom that much more special. #WotW

    ReplyDelete