Friday 5 July 2013

Colman’s Season & Shake - Review

We were sent some of the Colman’s Season & Shake to try from BzzAgent.....I had heard of these packet mixes in the past but it never crossed my mind to give them a try....

With a variety of delicious combinations of herbs and spices, as well as a multi-purpose bag for both pre-bake seasoning and keeping things flavourful and juicy as you bake, Colman’s Season & Shake has brought weeknight dinners out of the dark ages....

How many supposedly “Quick and Easy” dinner recipes have you embarked on that turn out to be about 20 steps long? Well here’s a three-step dinner that really is as easy as 1-2-3....


They sounded easy enough to make so my little helpers (Becky & Ellie) and myself got chopping...

To make this you need...

1 Sachet of Coleman's Sausage & Herb Casserole
340g of Sausages
1 Small onion - Sliced
500g of Potatoes - Sliced
100g of Mushrooms - Sliced
1 Red Pepper - Sliced
150ml of Water

Everything goes into the bag supplied and you add the seasoning.....Give it a shake....Seal it with the little tie thing supplied and then put it in the oven and let it cook!!

 I ended up making 2 lots of it because there didn't look much at all but I wished I hadn't....It's so filling!! One bag would of easily done the four of us....

When it was cooking the smell was divine.....We'd started preparing it at about 4pm and it was all ready by 5.30pm so quite quick....Would of been quicker but like I said I had my two little helpers...lol

We all ate it....With no complaints from the girls....It was so full of flavour and I will be getting them again....

A few things to note though....

Do not increase the amount of fresh ingredients above the recipe recommendation...

Make sure you leave enough room in your oven for the bag to expand because it does....Be careful when opening the cooked bag....The steam is hot!! I have the burn mark to prove it....lol

I do think they are great though....I'm planning on trying the full range....Sticky Spare Ribs, Garlic & Herb Roast Chicken, Lemon & Dill Salmon, Mediterranean Chicken, Paprika Chicken, Rustic Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala, Piri Piri Chicken, Cajun Chicken, BBQ Chicken, Lemon & Herb Chicken, Rich Beef Casserole, Spanish Pork Casserole,  Creamy Herb Salmon & Southern Style Chicken Nuggets....

These are sold for £1.10 - £1.20 depending on where you shop which I don't think is that expensive....

I was sent a selection of the Colman’s Season & Shake packets free of charge for being a BzzAgent...This is my honest review....All thoughts and opinions are my own!!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment