Tuesday 28 May 2013

Heating, Water or the Internet?!

A new survey reveals that when it comes to life’s essentials, a good internet connection and social media are near the top of the list....

 
When asked what they would rather give up, more London workers would happily forgo their heating or water for a day than lose their internet connection at home. And it’s not just basic utilities that aren’t as important as surfing the internet, previous studies found that a fifth of people would rather starve themselves for 24 hours than go without their mobile phones.

I'm not to bothered about my phone....I only use it to text and speak to a few people.....It's not snazzy enough to go on the internet....So it wouldn't bother me losing it....but to have no internet connection....I shudder at the thought!! I use the internet for everything....Keeping in touch with friends and family, keeping track of my bank account, weekly shopping with Asda or Tesco, keeping up with the news, blogging & of course entering competitions...

I think over the last few years the only time we've had no internet is when we moved house a couple of years ago and it drove me crazy...I ended up getting a dongle to get online and a few weeks ago there was a problem with the phoneline and the internet was off for a couple of hours....I'd done the housework and was stuck for what to do with myself....I felt all jittery...Thinking I was missing out on something online....

I would give up heating or water just to go on the internet....lol  

No comments :

Post a Comment